I don’t know if it’s the same with you guys, but in summer, I’m rarely hungry and the only thing that I usually fancy is gazpacho, my reddish golden cold soup 0r a refreshing apperitive with a cold beer, cheese, olives and easy healthy dips that go well with light vegetables or fruits.
For this special family gathering, back in Spain, we chose:
- Variety of cheeses
- Fuet (catalan pork cured meat)
- Olives and pickles
- Carrot (and cucumber) crudittés
- Melon and ham skewers
- Breadsticks or tortilla chips
For the Hummus and Guacamole dip, I used the Thermomix recipes, but you can very well use the blender.
Add into the blender in this order/ Añade a la batidora en este orden:
- 2-3 cloves of garlic
- 400g boiled or canned chickpeas
- 2-3 tbsps water
- juice of 1 large lemon
- 3 tbsps sesame seeds (or tahini)
- 1/2- 1 tsp salt
- 4 tbsps extra virgin olive oil
- If you want, add 1/2 tsp ground cumin
Blend. When mixed, pour into a bowl to serve cold. For garnish, make a circle on the top of the dip, add oil and a pinch of paprika.
Add into the blender in this order:
- handful coriander, leaves and stalks chopped
- 1 chilli, red or green, deseeded and finely chopped
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 large ripe tomato roughly chopped
- Blend all together. When mixed, pour in a bowl and keep it aside.
Add into blender/ Añade en la batidora.
- 3 avocados, very ripe but not bruised
- juice 1 large lime
- 1tsp of salt
Add the previous mixture with this last one. Serve cold.
And now go and get yourself a cold beer. And ENJOY IT!