There is nothing like eating home. Cooking is knowing how to take care of yourself as well pampering, treating and pleasing your taste buds.
And in Autumn, missed vegetables return. Different cooking styles and methods. Stews, purees and creams. All with a spoon.
Your dishes have more carbohydrates or fats, but hey, you’re protecting yourself from the cold. And the oven becomes the king of your kitchen, heating the house and your feet. 🙂
I leave you here a nice and cheap recipe. In the oven, of course. Arabic style aubergine with sweet potato chips. Take that!
SWEET POTATO CHIPS
- Preheat oven to 200 ° C.
- Clean the ugly and dirty bits of the sweet potato. No need to peel them.
- Cut the sweet potatoes into halves until you get the perfect chip size.
- Toss them with salt, oil, pepper and paprika to taste.
- Put them in a suitable baking dish.
- Bake for 40 minutes or until golden brown. Halfway through the process, give them a wiggle, to brown evenly.
Arab style AUBERGINES
- Cut the well washed aubergine (or as many as you want) in half.
- Make diagonal cuts in both directions like in the picture.
- Meanwhile, prepare the “spread” that will cover the aubergine. In a mortar, crush a few cloves of garlic, add oil, pepper and salt to taste.
- Apply the mixture over the aubergine evenly as well as in between the cuts you’ve made. As I said, this step is to taste, so if you’d like more oil or garlic or paprika, add more.
- Bake in the oven for 30 minutes or until golden brown.
- Now prepare the bulgur in a saucepan. If you haven’t got bulgur, couscous is a good substitute.
Arabic style AUBERGINES with SWEET POTATO CHIPS
You can present it like this: cover the aubergine with bulgur or couscous and add some yogurt on top. I’ve topped mine with walnuts and sumac. You can put whatever you like. And on the side, the sweet potato chips. Enjoy!!