Last summer (oh, summer!) El Hombre and I were invited to some friends wedding. We had a great time with the newly weds and other guests (specially the dancing time…) and as a wedding favour, we got a lovely spiced banana bread recipe!
I had very ripe bananas at home waiting to be eaten so I decided to make this recipe at last. If you have the same problem, find here a solution!
- 1/3 cup of soft margarine
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 medium egg
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 2 ripe bananas
- 2 cups of all purpose flour
- 3 teaspoons of baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon of salt
- 1/4 teaspoon of nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon
- 1/2 cup of raisins
- Preheat oven at 180ºC.
- Mix the slightly melted margarine and sugar and then add the egg, vanilla extract and ripe mashed banana.
- Combine flour, baking powder, salt and nutmeg, adding alternately with the banana mixture. Fold in raisins.
- The mixture should drop easily off a spoon.
- Scrape into a greased loaf pan and bake at 180°C for 40-45 minutes or until golden brown.
- To check whether it’s ready or not, insert a skewer and it should come out clean.
Easy-peasy, right? Loving it!