I would say I haven’t got a sweet tooth, really, but, due to my little hormonal disorder… I’ve lately been craving all sort of sweets.
But so much junk can be found in the shops nowadays so I decided to browse the internet for yummy recipes that would kill this craving.
I got this recipe from this great Spanish blog, Forner de Alella, which I really like.
Here is my first go with these chocolate muffins.
1. Beat eggs, oil, milk and sugar in a bowl
2. Sift the flour, baking powder and cocoa powder and add it to the mix along with salt and lemon zest.
3. Whisk the mixture and when it becomes homogeneous let it settle for 10 minutes in the fridge.
4. Preheat oven at 220ºC, with heat from top and bottom.
5. Prepare your muffin cases in an oven tray.
6. Take the mixture out from the fridge and distribute it among the cases helping yourself with a pastry bag (or freezer zip bag). Fill them up to 3/4, no more.
7. Put the tray in the oven and reduce the temperature to 200ºC. They will need 20 minutes unless…
YOU BURN THEM!!
But, hey, don’t worry… Some of them were edible. Actually, delicious! I’ll definitely try it again.